Arunachal Pradesh Exploration: A 10-Day Road Trip with a Kajiranga Safari Finale.
Experience the trip of a lifetime with a 10-day road trip to Arunachal Pradesh, also known as the ‘Land of the Dawn-lit-Mountains.’ As the northernmost state in India, Arunachal Pradesh is the first to be greeted by the rising sun every day. The journey will take you to some of the most remote and beautiful parts of India, where you can relax and immerse yourself in the local culture and cuisine.
Explore the tribal villages, monasteries, and other attractions in the Tawang area, and discover exciting places like Nameri, Bomdila, and Dirang. Each place has its unique charm, and you will have plenty of time to explore and take in all the sights and sounds.
As the journey comes to an end, experience the thrill of a full-day Kaziranga Safari, a perfect finale to your adventure. This will be an opportunity to witness the breathtaking natural beauty of India’s most magical, mystical, and magnificent state up close. The Kaziranga National Park is home to various wildlife, including tigers, elephants, and rhinos, and you will have the chance to spot them in their natural habitat.
Capture the stunning scenery, create your own travel story, and share it with the world. The Arunachal Pradesh Exploration is a journey that will leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.
Day 1: Guwahati to Nameri
Arrival at Guwahati Airport or Guwahati Junction Railway Station. Our representative will greet you upon arrival and start our journey towards Nameri. Please take a deep breath, relax, hop on to our comfortable car, and soak yourself in one of the most enchanting journeys. As we proceed, you will be charmed by the beauty of the remote countryside and wilderness. It would be best if you took complete pleasure in this journey. As you get away from city life’s regular hustle and bustle, you should take a break from the internet and social media activities. Those activities can take a back seat for a while.
Overnight stay at Nameri and enjoy the welcome Dinner.
Day 2: Nameri to Bomdila
After breakfast today, we will start for Bomdila. Bomdilla is a very small hill town cuddled in the lap of the eastern Indian Himalayas and situated in the West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh. Bomdila is a little paradise surrounded by Himalayan Peaks at its horizon, virgin lush green forest, fruit orchards and an unparalleled spirituality that will calm your soul and leave you with utmost peace of mind. As we reach Bomdila, we will visit Gontse Rabgyaling Monastery (Upper Gonpa) and Thub-Chog Gatsel Ling Monastery (Lower Gonpa), District Museum, Craft Center, Handloom and Textile Emporium and Bomdila View Point. Evening you can visit the local market, mingle with the local people and try some local food. Spend the time at your leisure.
Day 3: Bomdila to Dirang
After breakfast today, we will start for Dirang. Today we will visit LDL Buddhist Monastery, Thupsung Dhargye monastery, Kalachakra Gompa. On the way, we will also visit Tipi and take a break to visit Nag Temple. Spend the evening at your leisure. Overnight stay at Dirang.
Day 4: Dirang to Tawang
After the delicious breakfast, we will start our journey towards Tawang, The Land Of Lamas. The Himalayan small town of Tawang is famous for its splendid natural beauty but also for its 400 years old Tawang Monasteries. It is a famous pilgrim centre for Buddhists worldwide and locals. During our seven to eight hours scenic drive, we will stop by and enjoy the scenic Sangti Valley, Sela Pass, Sela Lake and Jaswant Garh War Memorial. Lastly, we will visit Nuranang Falls. Overnight stay at Tawang.
Day 5: Tawang
Today, we will drive to the high-altitude lake Madhuri Lake after breakfast. The local name of Madhuri Lake is The Sangestar Tso. Then drive to Sangetsar Lake, surrounded by the picturesque environment and pristine mountains. After this, drive further to Bumla Pass. By afternoon return and spend relaxing the way you want. Overnight stay at Tawang.
Day 6: Tawang
After completing a delicious breakfast, today we will visit Tawang Monastery, followed by Urgelling Gompa, the 6th Dalai Lama’s birthplace, and proceed to the War Memorial. Visit the craft centre in Tawang that sells beautiful masks, hand-woven carpets, and jewellery in silver, coral and amber jewellery. Evening at leisure. Overnight stay at Tawang.
Day 7: Tawang to Dirang
After breakfast, drive back to Dirang. You have the rest of the day on arrival for resting and relaxing. Spend the day at your leisure.
Day 8: Dirang to Kaziranga
We will start early after breakfast. We will head towards Kaziranga National Park. As we pass by the scenic roads of Arunachal Pradesh, we will try to reach Kaziranga National Park by the early evening (depending on the road condition). It will be a long day road drive. Enjoy your evening by taking a rest or taking a short walk nearby and trying some authentic Assamese food. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 9: Full-Day Kaziranga Jungle and Jeep Safari Tour
Wildlife Adventure: A Full-Day Jungle and Jeep Safari in Kaziranga National Park
Kaziranga National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the Indian state of Assam. It is known for its one-horned rhinoceroses, tigers, and other wildlife species.
Here is a sample itinerary for a one-day Kaziranga Safari Tour:
- 5:30 am – Pick up from hotel/accommodation
- 6:30 am – Reach Kaziranga National Park for an early morning elephant safari. An elephant safari is a unique way to experience the wildlife of Kaziranga, as it allows you to get closer to the animals and offers a different perspective on the landscape. It is an unforgettable experience to see rhinos grazing, elephants bathing, and other animals in their natural habitat.
- 9:00 am – Return from the elephant safari and have breakfast.
- 10:00 am – Depart for the mid-range of Kaziranga National Park for a jeep safari. The Jeep safari takes you deep into the forest and offers an opportunity to spot animals such as tigers, leopards, elephants, deer, and various species of birds. It is an excellent way to experience flora and fauna of the region.
- 1:00 pm – Finish the jeep safari and have lunch.
- 2:00 pm – Visit the nearby tea gardens to experience the tea culture of Assam.
- 3:00 pm – Explore the local villages and interact with the locals. You can learn about their way of life, culture, and traditions.
- 4:00 pm – Depart for your hotel/accommodation.
Please note that the timings mentioned in the itinerary are subject to change per the weather and traffic conditions. Also, the itinerary may vary depending on the situation on the day of touring. Following the guidelines given by the park authorities and your safari guide is essential when going on a jungle or Jeep safari.
Day 10: Kaziranga to Guwahati
After breakfast, drop at Guwahati Airport or Guwahati Junction Railway Station. Your tour ends here, but the journey of your travel spirits starts here as you will return with everlasting memories enlightened with new learnings and experiences.
Discover Arunachal Pradesh: A 10-Day Road Trip with a Thrilling Kajiranga Day Safari
(Price per person)
Are you interested in this trip?
Book Your Place
- Airport or Railway Station Pick-up and Drop.
- Transportation during the entire tour.
- Accommodation in all selected hotels.
- Breakfast, Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
- Inner line permit and Bumla pass permit.
- English & Hindi Speaking Photographer Guide.
- Local car for Bumla pass.
- One set of Jeep safari in Kaziranga.
- A nature walk in Nameri.
- All sightseeing and parking.
- Driver allowance and toll.
- All taxes included.
- Flight Tickets.
- Train Tickets.
- Required VISA.
- Travel Insurance.
- Lunch on any day.
- Tour guide and driver tips.
- Your toiletries and medicines.
- Personal beverages (Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic)
- Personal entertainment equipment (music system, etc.)
- Any change in plan, visits to additional destinations and car hire.
- Trip costs do not ensure the supply of local SIM cards and paying phone bills.
- Personal guide fees if you are hiring during the trip for any additional activities.
- At any attraction points, monastery entry fees, national park fees, photography fees, etc.
- Any medicines, medical treatment, and hospital charges if needed. Hospital commuting and waiting charges for vehicles.
Service on request: (extra cost applicable)
- Air-tickets Purchase. (for Indian Citizens)
- Travel Insurance. (for Indian Citizens)
- A moderate fitness level is required.
What to wear and bring for this trip
- Passport. (for Foreign Citizens)
- Travel Insurance Copy.
- Sunhat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen lotion.
- Medicines, Painkillers, Insect Repellent.
- Raincoat for unpredictable weather changes.
- Inner Thermals or Baselayers for the top & bottom.
- Full-sleeve shirt or top to wear on top of baselayers
- Comfortable Pants or Trousers to wear on top of baselayers.
- Fleece Jacket or Windcheater to protect yourself from high wind.
- Woolen Caps, Balaclava, Woolen Socks and Gloves or mittens 2 -3 pairs.
- Water bottle, Universal adapter, Camera and Extra Batteries for your camera.
- Down jacket, heavy jacket, woollen hoodie, or parka as a top layer for winter nights or cold days or in the mountain pass areas.
Code of Ethics
- Be a Responsible Traveller.
- Feeding wild animals is strictly prohibited.
- Walking off roads in protected areas is prohibited.
- Be respectful to the locals, their cultures and religious belief.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited during the day tours or any excursions.
- Step out of the vehicle is prohibited during the tour, except at authorised sites.
- Collecting, handling, or keeping specimens/any wildlife matter is strictly prohibited.
- Tourists must obey all rules and regulations the local and related authorities enforce.
Sustainable Tourism Initiative
- Animal Welfare.
- Supporting Locals.
- Zero-tolerance on plastic pollution.
- Encouraging Environmental Protection.